Truck Accidents and Some of There Causes, Hire a Great Truck Accident Lawyer in Delaware
Truck drivers working to deliver their cargo fill the miles of Interstate 95 and Interstate 495 in Delaware. Collisions involving tractor trailers, semi-trucks, 18-wheelers and other large commercial trucks often result in catastrophic injuries. There are many different causes of trucking accidents including driver negligence, poorly maintained equipment and adverse driving conditions.
The Delaware trucking accident law firm of Edelstein Martin & Nelson, LLP diligently advocate for injured victims and their families who have suffered the consequences of an accident with a large truck. To effectively represent our clients, our Delaware trucking accident lawyers complete a thorough truck accident investigation to determine the cause of the accident and to determine each and every responsible party that must be held accountable.
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents in Delaware include:
- Speeding: Trucks can be particularly dangerous when driven at higher speeds. Their massive size and weight require a much greater distance and longer time to slow down or come to a complete stop.
- Distracted driving: Driver distraction has become a leading cause of accidents. Cellphone use, on-board computers, dispatch radios and eating are just a few of the more common distractions that can cause a truck driver to veer into neighboring lanes or miss a traffic signal leading to a serious trucking accident.
- Driver Fatigue: Although there are federal regulations as to how much sleep truck drivers are expected to get each night and how many consecutive hours they can be behind the wheel, some drivers may violate those regulations. Truck drivers are often under pressure to complete their deliveries within a specific deadline leading them to drive while fatigued and posing a danger to all others on the road.
- Aggressive driving: Aggressive driving behaviors can include changing lanes unsafely, ignoring traffic signals, failing to yield and tailgating.
- Driver Error: A simple error by a truck driver can often be the cause of a devastating truck accident.
- Drug and alcohol abuse: The federal regulations have strict laws against truck drivers getting behind the wheel when intoxicated. When truck drivers choose to use alcohol or drugs and drive, they are placing themselves and others in grave danger.
- Improper Loading: Failing to properly secure a truck load or exceeding the weight limit for a load can pose significant risks to all motorists. The cargo can unexpectedly shift leading to falling debris, a rollover accident or loss of control of the vehicle.
- Product or manufacturing defects: A manufacturing error or poor design can contribute to the cause of a trucking accident. Defective parts such as tires or brakes can malfunction at any time leading to serious consequences for the driver and other vehicles.
- Improper maintenance: According to federal regulations, trucks need to be regularly inspected, repaired and maintained if they are to function properly and safely. Trucks that do not receive the proper maintenance pose a hazard to all drivers on the road. This can include failing to replace or repair tires, brakes, oil levels, lights, mirrors and windshield wipers.
- Adverse road or weather conditions: Truck drivers are required to use extreme caution in poor weather conditions such as rain, snow, ice, fog, sleet and strong winds by either slowing down or pulling off the road until conditions improve. Hazardous road conditions such as potholes, inadequate signage or debris on the road can also be a contributory cause of a truck accident.
Seek Legal Counsel at Edelstein Martin & Nelson, LLP: Trusted Truck Accident Lawyer in Delaware
If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a truck accident, our experienced truck accident lawyer can help. Our seasoned law firm has handled countless complex trucking accident lawsuits with an impressive track record of securing multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for our injured clients throughout Delaware and Pennsylvania. Our truck accident lawyers have a profound understanding of the differences between a truck accident and car accidents.
To discuss your potential claim with an experienced 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Delaware, contact the law offices of Edelstein Martin & Nelson, LLP. We will make sure all negligent parties are held accountable for the injuries or death suffered by you or someone you love. We will fight to obtain fair and just compensation. Call us today at (302)-295-5050 or toll free at (800) 300-0909 to schedule a free consultation or contact our firm online.